Senior Game Developer (Puzzle Studio)
PUBLISHED: March 20, 2019
ROVIO, Keilaranta 7, Espoo
Welcome to Rovio!
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Senior Game Developer to join our successful Puzzle Studio in Espoo, Finland.
Our vision is to reinvent the puzzle category with games where time-to-fun is our North Star Metric, while deep, immersive meta-game and social gameplay turn them into hobbies lasting for years.
We want you to join us as to develop new groundbreaking F2P hits and keep improving our already successful puzzle games.
What you’ll take under your wings:
- Design overall game architecture for a social puzzle game
- Design, implement and test game features with other programmers in the team
- Provide mentorship and support for less experienced programmers
- Work together with server programmers to ensure seamless backend integration
- Optimize the game to run smoothly on mobile platforms
- Participate in prototyping new game concepts
- Work as a team with other developers, designers and artists
We’d love you to have these feathers in your cap:
- Senior Game Developer – minimum 8 years of commercial game programming experience with 2+ years in a programming team lead role
- (Game Developer – minimum 5 years of commercial game programming experience)
- Minimum 3 years of game development experience with Unity
- Strong programming skills with C# and preferably also C++
- Experience with debugging, profiling and performance optimizations
- Broad knowledge of game architecture and technologies
- Good understanding of mobile platforms and hardware
- Experience with F2P games both as a developer and a player
- Analytical problem solving skills
We’re looking for team members who bring their own creative vision to everything they do, and we have an environment that supports that.
If this describes you, this is a great opportunity to work in a fun and creative environment with skilled coworkers, contribute to fun new products, and expose your work to a huge global audience.
Send your application over now – we look forward to hearing from you!